EPA Registered 30-day Protection*
Filta has partnered with an advanced Biocide manufacturer, which has a product to help offer a program to protect surfaces for up to 30 days. The biocide does not use chemistry to kill bacteria – it uses physics. The biocide permanently bonds to surfaces and sets up a nano-molecular layer of pins which creates a hostile barrier to germs that physically impale and destroy bacteria and fungi that come in contact with the antimicrobial layer. This method of action is why our product can keep working for up to 30 days on surfaces.
Technology & Efficacy Testing
The antimicrobial’s physical kill replaces the need for dangerous poisons, chemicals and alcohol. This method of rupturing the cell means the cell cannot mutate, preventing the development of superbugs.
The antimicrobial is colorless, odorless, non-leaching, environmentally safe, non-corrosive, and whilst completely gentle for humans and animals, it is deadly for a wide range of bacteria and mold.
The antimicrobial does not contain harmful chemicals, as the formula is less toxic than vitamin C and coffee.
How Does it Work?
When applied to a surface by spraying or ‘fogging’; our product leaves behind a mono-molecular layer that permanently bonds to the surface. These molecules are antimicrobial, silane-based polymers that covalently bond to the surface forming a barrier of positively charged microscopic pins.
The positively charged microscopic pins attract and pierce negatively charged pathogens. The pins rupture the cell walls. This causes the pathogen to break up with a lethal effect. The layer of molecular antimicrobial pins carries on working for up to 30 days on surfaces. Routine cleaning can continue and does not disrupt the molecule or its antimicrobial activity.
*Antimicrobial protectant that creates a microbiostatic coating on porous and non-porous surfaces to inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria, fungi, mold, and mildew – no human bacteria or viruses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What are the ingredients in your biocide product?
- Our biocide products use purified, deionized water & an antimicrobial compound.
- We use a Quaternary Ammonium Compound – these are commonly used antibacterial agents found in products such as toothpaste, contact lens products, cosmetics, soaps.
- While our quaternary ammonium compound originates from natural sand the process is synthetic.
- Our trade secret lies in the technology behind the quaternary ammonium compound which enables the product to stay active and continue killing pathogens for long periods of times.
- 2. Where can you use your product?
- Any environments where germs are present and likely to pose a threat. We are currently and successfully using our product in buildings, vehicles, shipping, homes and hospitals where there is a risk of infection. Routine liquid disinfectants only work when the surface is wet, once the disinfectant is wiped off or dried it is no longer capable if killing any further potentially harmful microorganisms that recontaminate that surface, in fact the surface becomes contaminated to the same levels as before disinfection within 1 – 2 hours. This is the reason why our product technology is the next generation biocide because it is also water-based and has a low toxicity level so does not require any special precautionary considerations such as the more toxic and corrosive biocides, which is why it can also be used in the home.